Humor is one of the only things that cannot be replaced if you ask me.
I have such a love of laughing and making others laugh.
I adore stand up comedians for that reason. They can make me laugh for hours and more often than not, it's simply by telling the truth about things we really don't think about.
Ben Bailey, one of my favorite comedians, (better known as the host of that show Cash Cab) has a special out, where he spends a good fifteen minutes talking about expressions we use daily but really don't think about.
He talks about killing two birds with one stone. He starts by saying "I have killed two birds with one stone, but before you start applauding, wait for all the facts. They were two very small birds, both trapped in a very small cage, and I had one very large stone." Haha.
I miss laughing, having not done it much recently. I hate it.
It is one of my favorite things, and I've been so...distraught recently, it's been so hard to laugh.
I've reached a bit of an impasse though. I've changed so much about myself, but don't know if I'm going the right direction. I haven't had anyone to tell me "Nathan, we see the changes in you and they're awesome!" or "Nathan, why are behaving differently, we miss the old you." And as a result, I'm not sure if they're good or bad changes.
I'm hopeful, and optimistic, and know that some of them are DEFINITELY heading the right direction. But without the affirmation from the people I'm attempting to change for, it's difficult to know that the change is really evident.
I miss laughing with people, though. I'm so ready for school to start, and start seeing the people I laugh with the most.
I'm ready for...people. Ultimately, that's what it is. I've spent too much time alone, too much time wallowing in my own self pity.
I'm ready to laugh again.
"Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand." - Mark Twain
No comments:
Post a Comment