Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Confession

So.

Today I went to the doctor.

And I've been diagnosed with moderate to severe clinical depression.

This...is not easy to say. Especially seeing as how I didn't expect it.

It's an awful thing, honestly.

There's an overwhelming feeling of self-loathing.

I HATE who I am. Hate it.

I go back and forth - wanting to cry and laughing, wanting to do the former more than the latter.

Lonely, constantly.

Terrified. Ashamed.

It's scary, honestly. I know there's definitely a level of stigma that goes along with that word.

"Depression."

I don't want to lose people because of it. Nor do I want to sound as though I'm saying this for attention. Because that is in NO WAY the case.

I'm just...I'm going to beat this.

That much, I can guarantee.

1 comment:

  1. It happens to the best of us. The last thing that you should do is be ashamed. You've got this, Nathan! I, like so many others, I'm sure, will be there every step of the way if/when you need me. I love you bro! <3

    ReplyDelete